Wednesday 23 October 2013

Snatched weekend in the Howgills

We were on a dash up to the Howgills for Chrissie and Dixie to continue their quest to complete the Dales High Way. She was to be joined by James and Reuben, his staffie.

Having set the backpackers off, Tilly and I found a route up to the top of 605m Green Bell from Ravenstonedale. It was misty and atmospheric.

 





Me and the chocolate hound then found a place for the night.


The following day we drove to Great Asby, parked the van and set off on the reverse of the backpackers' route to meet up with the hardy souls.







As I said, misty, but also magnificent.

A fine weekend of walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome but please be patient. Thanks to recent rudeness on here I have reinstated moderation. Hence, your comments will appear after I've approved them. Thanks for taking the trouble to visit my blog.