Tuesday 20 May 2014

The cycling adventures continue

Just about finished packing for our trip to the highlands next week. We're off up to Killin in the van, joined by our pal Hamish in his van. Once settled in there, Hamish and I are off on a four day wild camping trip of around 140 miles. Chrissie will be having fun with the dogs, around Killin. When Hamish and return we hope to tackle Ben Lawers and, possibly, Schiehallion.

Here's Chrissie showing Hamish how to erect one of our Terra Nova Superlite Voyagers. We have two of these, the newer being significantly lighter.


Here's my Dawes Karakum loaded up and ready to roll.


And here's Hamish with his trip-prepared Whyte 809 MTB.


Despite the strange look on his face, Hamish is quite excited about the trip, never having done anything like it before. Hamish is responsible for my having got into cycling and now it's my turn to introduce him to my world of travelling, by any means, far not fast. Whilst I have plenty of experience backpacking in the mountains I've never travelled like this with a cycle before, save for a one night shakedown trip to Leek and back earlier this year. Really lookin' forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome but please be patient. Thanks to recent rudeness on here I have reinstated moderation. Hence, your comments will appear after I've approved them. Thanks for taking the trouble to visit my blog.