Tuesday 19 May 2015

Day 18

Nice ride into Carlisle. In Starbucks, catching up with t'internet (no phone signal last night). In a short while I'll be crossing the border into Scotland. Hoping to wild camp near Annan.



Just met Alistair Wright (Hislop on CycleChat) who saw the Thorn outside Starbucks. Amazing coincidence. Great to meet you Alistair and thanks for the donation.
Camped near Annan on land owned by the lovely Stewart Wallace who, once I was settled, brought me a cheque for Cancer Research UK, a dram of malt whisky and homemade shortbread and toffee. Such kindness and generosity is truly heartwarming. Thanks Stewart. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome but please be patient. Thanks to recent rudeness on here I have reinstated moderation. Hence, your comments will appear after I've approved them. Thanks for taking the trouble to visit my blog.